The adolescent programme is an online, six week evening programme.
The programme for parents of adolescents will learn in ways to,
- Manage and resolve conflict
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Create warm connected relationships
- Positively discipline their adolescent
- Negotiate rules and boundaries
- Solve problems together
- Communicate positively and effectively
- Reduce their own stress as parents.
Studies in secondary schools and mental health settings have shown that families who complete the Adolescents programme report:
- Increased teen positive social behaviour
- Reduced behaviour and emotional problems
- Decreased parental stress
- Improved family communication
- Increased parental confidence.
Cavan website www.parentingcavan.ie