Guidelines for ‘Create a Digital Book’ Competition
A collaborative project Monaghan Education Centre and Monaghan County Library Services
This competition is open to pupils in fifth and sixth classes in primary schools in counties of Monaghan and Cavan.
The competition is also open to pupils aged 10 years or older in classes for children with ASD in either primary or post-primary schools.
- The Digital book should be created using a blank book template. Pre-designed templates from Book Creator should not be used.
- Design elements located in the ‘Inspector’ menu may be used for page design. (eg Page borders, textures & patterns)
- Clip Art, Emojis, Photo stock images, shapes and the Noun Project icons may all be used for illustration and design. Other original hand drawn art or original digitally created artwork may also be uploaded and used for illustration and design.
- Personal/identifying photographs should NOT be uploaded to your digital book.
- Voice recordings may also be added to your digital book to customise the ‘Read Aloud’ aspect of Digital Books.
- Digital books will be hosted in the private Monaghan County Libraries ‘Book Creator’ Library. Winning books as well as those that receive a Merit or highly commended may be published online for wider public viewing.
- Private links to individual books may be provided on request should participants wish to share their work with family and friends.
- Each participating pupil will be assigned a unique Log-in. This will ensure that participating students cannot edit other students work.
You can register your expression of interest to participate in the ‘Create a Digital Book Project 2023/24’ at the link below. https://forms.gle/S5c7dTrpz7AUcNV47